Saturday, November 5, 2011

Finished Products


This Fall, Jackson is enrolled in an art class on Saturdays through the Honolulu Academy of Art.  After the soccer season ended, he asked to take an art class.  He absolutely loves it!


Jackson's first project was a ceramic mug.  It took several weeks to complete as it needed to be fired before and after glazing.  Jackson was determined to use all the available colors of glaze.






Another project was a paper maiche mask, which the class actually started while we were in San Diego.  So we had to build it backwards in order to catch up.  First, he painted it.  Then we cut out eye and mouth holes and paper maiched paper strips to the back.  (And by "we," I mean Howard and I since Jackson was not interested in the glue; sometimes, we have to help execute his artistic vision!) Once it dried, Jackson embellished it with different materials.



He has also done several drawings and paintings, but I don't always remember my camera.  I'm hoping to snag some more pictures during his remaining classes.

No comments: