Jackson and I picked this book up from a second-hand bookstore at the mall. It's a bit advanced for him, but he loves looking at pictures of his prehistoric friends. (And although Howard is determined to read it to him, Jackson has little patience for all of the words.) His dinosaur obsession has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to describe it in more detail.He has a lot of dinosaur toys and knows all of their names - T-rex, brontosaurus, tri-tops, stegosaurus, ankylosaurus, 'dactyl (aka flying dinosaur) and Bonehead. A recent favorite is Rexy, which he acquired from a Happy Meal; Jackson will tell you that Rexy came from McDonald's. At least two dinosaurs accompany him to daycare, in the bathtub and pretty much everywhere he goes.
Thanks to his shopping mama, Jackson is also well-equipped with a dinosaur backpack, dinosaur t-shirts and several pairs of dinosaur pajamas. He's relatively ambivalent about his clothing, but his preference is always to wear something featuring a dinosaur.
Dinosaur has become a magic word. When he asks, "you wanna play dinosaurs with me?" neither Howard nor I can decline. And when we want him to do or eat something, all we have to do is mention dinosaurs, like dinosaur orange juice or dinosaur movies.
Someday, he'll be interested in something else, but for now he just can't get enough dinosaurs!
No comments:
Post a Comment