Soon after Jackson was born, a wise mom friend suggested I get a sling. I recalled seeing her use one while I was pregnant, but it wasn't until after he arrived that I understood the sheer number of hours that could be spent holding a newborn baby. On her recommendation, I purchased a Peanut Shell, which was a pouch that went over my shoulder. He balked the first time I put him inside, but once I got him positioned correctly, he fell fast asleep. Awesome!Unfortunately, Jackson grew like a weed and quickly became too long and heavy to fit. There are multiple ways to carry a baby in that type of sling (which I'll skip, so as not to bog down this post), but he wasn't developed enough for them yet. A few months later, I carried him a bit on my hip, but truthfully, I never got much use out of the Peanut Shell once he was out of the newborn stage. I did use it with Macy, though... as early as the day after I brought her home from the hospital. And it came in quite handy while I was on maternity leave and needed to cart both kids on errands or to the mall by myself.
I also acquired in a Moby Wrap right before Macy came along. I'd heard positive reviews of it, and it looked cozy, so I found a barely-used one for a low price on Craigslist. The tying was cumbersome, and all those layers of fabric made me hot, so I usually went with the tried-and-true Peanut Shell. By the time I really got the hang of it, Macy was too big; the wrap stretched, and I didn't feel she was very secure. Oh well. It was good I didn't spend a lot of money on it.
All along, I've coveted the Ergo. It seems like a baby carrier that can last a long time, but I've been hesitant to spend the money because, well, they aren't cheap. Fortunately, the Ergo was featured on babysteals last week. The pink floral print is not what I would've picked, but for the price, I will learn to love it. So far, Macy seems to like it, too.
1 comment:
So glad you got the Ergo! Hopefully you'll love it :)
Post a Comment