Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Takes a Village

First, I promised a report on how Jackson did at preschool. He did awesome! We went to pick him up and had to practically drag him out of the classroom. I saw his teacher this morning, and she also said he did great. But all he would say when we asked him how things we went were that some girl took his slippers, somebody elsed poked him and his teacher left while he napped on his Nemo blanket.

He was equally excited when I dropped him off this morning, which was a relief as today is my first day back at work and Macy's first day with her babysitter. As much as working is the right decision for our family, it's still not easy handing your baby off to another caregiver. We trust that Kim will take wonderful care of her, but Macy is not a fan of the bottle. (Jackson wasn't either, so at least I know what to expect.) Amazingly, she drank almost all of the milk I sent for her today, napped a fair amount and didn't fuss much in her new environment. Let's hope she continues to do well!

No comments: