Monday, July 21, 2008

Spirited Toddler

Recently, I came across a toddler temperament quiz. According to the oh-so-scientific results, Jackson is a Spirited Toddler. This is the description:

The Spirited Toddler is extremely active physically, often willful, and may be prone to temper tantrums. He is very social and curious and will point to objects and reach out for them and for other kids early on. This child is the consummate adventurer; he will have a go at anything and is very determined. He displays a great sense of achievement when he accomplishes something. At the same time, he needs very clear boundaries so that he doesn't act like a steamroller, trampling anyone or anything in his path. Once they start crying, Spirited Toddlers have stamina and staying power, so you're in for a long haul if you don't have a good routine going. Given good guidance and an outlet for his energy, however, a Spirited Toddler can become a leader and very accomplished in whatever area interests him.

I have to admit it's pretty spot-on, especially the parts about him being physical and social (and a steamroller, as poor Nesta can confirm). I guess I'd better read up on how to keep my spirited one in check!

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

That's interesting! I just took that quiz for Fynn, and he's also a spirited child! :)